Under the Ottoman Empire, in the vilayet system established after 1864, Konya was the seat of the Vilayet of Konya
According to the 1895 census, Konya had a population of nearly forty-five thousand, of which 42,318 were Muslims, 1,566 were Christian Armenians and 899 were Christian Greeks. There were also 21 mosques and 5 Churches in the town. A still-standing Catholic church was built for the Italian railroad workers in the 1910s. By 1927, after the Greco-Turkish population exchange accord of 1923, the city’s population became almost exclusively Muslim.
Popularity: 4% [?]